Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Renne needs special attention. Unlike other students in the class her home life needs to be more heavily considered. Putting Renne in a group with a class clown and a gifted student may not be the wisest discussion. I would remove Renne from the her particular group and place her with student that would not be a distracting. I would place Renne with students that are closer to her ability level so she can more easily contribute with feeling inadequate. To further engage Renne I would try to incorporate math into her portion of the project. By playing to Renne strengths and providing her with different group, Rennes engagement would most likely increase. Examples like Renne's are exactly why it is important as a teacher to build individual relationships with students. As a teacher I am going to aim to know everyone in my class as well as build relationships with each member of the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment